Erik Mellander, Associate Professor in economics at Uppsala University, is employed as researcher at the IFAU. He is also chairman of the Swedish Expert group for the OECD survey PIAAC (Programme for International Assessment of Adult Competencies) and former member of the Swedish Research Council’s Educational Science Committee.
His research covers the economics of education and training, labour economics and issues relating to efficiency and productivity. He has published in several international scientific journals and books.
Projects and publications at IFAU
- Relations between immigration and adult skills: findings based on PIIAC
- On the use of register data in educational science research
- Inquiry-based learning put to test: long-term effects of the Swedish science and technology for children program
- Do regional payroll tax reductions boost employment?
- Proxying ability by family background in returns to schooling estimations is generally a bad idea