The Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy (IFAU) is a research institute under the Swedish Ministry of Employment, situated in Uppsala. IFAU’s objective is to promote, support and carry out scientific evaluations.
The assignment includes:
- the effects of labour market policies
- studies of the functioning of the labour market
- the effects of education policies
- the labour market effects of social insurance policies.
Besides research, IFAU is:
- disseminating knowledge of the activities of the insitute through publications, seminars, courses, workshops, conferences and the IFAU website
- influencing the collection of data and making data easily available to researchers, both in Sweden and abroad.