How to apply for grants
The project application should consist of three parts:
- The form Application for research grants in Word or PDF.
(Please see the following instructions for content and number of characters). You should always save the application files to your har drive before filling out you application.
An appendix (1) which must contain a description (with fixed headings) of the project’s:
• Objective and specific questions as well as the value added in relation to earlier research (max 5 000 characters, blank spaces not included)
• Policy relevance in relation to the needs of society and IFAU’s objective (max 1 500 characters, blank spaces not included)
• Study design, work plan and implementation (max 4 000 characters, blank spaces not included)
• Ethical considerations (max 2 000 characters, blank spaces not included)
Please comment on the ethical aspects of the project, for example if there are any problems, if special ethical considerations are required, if the application is to be evaluated by the Swedish Ethical Review Authority or has already obtained an ethics approval. Motivate why the project requires or does not require an ethics approval. Read more at https:\\etikprovningsmyndigheten.se. (information in Swedish, documents in English for guiding purpose available)
• Budget, including
- timeline (one can apply for funds for one or two years, and the financial needs for every year are to be specified)
- (estimated ) salary, including payroll taxes for those who are to draw a salary from the project
- operating costs (for example travel funds, material and other equipment) and
- total amount applied for, including indirect costs.
All costs must be motivated and the possibilities for co-funding are to be reported.
There is no limit to the number of characters in the budget document.
- An appendix (2) which containing a description of the research competency and qualifications of the project leader and the research group that are relevant for implementing the project. This is stated under the headings:
- professional experience
- qualifications and awards as well as
There is no character limit for Appendix 2
The complete project application is to be sent as a PDF to IFAU, firstname.lastname@example.org, in electronic format, by October 1 at the latest.
You can choose for yourself whether you want to fill in appendices 1 and 2 via the templates, or whether you want to combine separate parts into a joint application. You must always use IFAU's template for the first part of the application (Application for research grant Word, or Application for research grant PDF)
Postal address: IFAU, Box 513, 751 20 Uppsala, Sweden
For practical questions about the application, please contact Åsa Landqvist, +46-18-471 70 78, or email@example.com
For research-related questions, please contact Helena Holmlund, +46-18-471 60 51 or firstname.lastname@example.org